Light Bulb Replacement Service

Always Available & Affordable

If you find that one of your bulbs has gone or is faulty, our bulb replacement service is here for you in your time of need. We’ll be able to supply you with the bulb you need, fit it in minutes, helping to make your life easier and hassle-free. What makes it even better is that we can do it for a better price than many of the dealerships out there. When we survey your property to quote for the cleaning we will include the bulb replacement cost on your quotation, based on the bulbs that are not working . once you agree to the cleaning we will replace the bulbs on the day of the cleaning. its hard to see the beauty of something without light.

Types of Bulbs we supply

Our range of light bulbs covers 95% of the bulb used around the houses and fit into most house hold appliances e.g. extractors, lamps, ovens, so it’s more than likely we’ll be able to help you out. 

Aside from our standard bulbs, we also stock the following:

Energy Saving Reflector Lamps

Bayonet Cap

With its familiar “push and twist” action, “bayonet cap” (also known as BC or B22d) is used on most regular light bulbs. It is 22mm diameter and with two locating lugs.

The “small bayonet cap” (SBC or B15d) is very similar but only 15mm across.

Although generally used for mains voltage lamps, the SBC fitting can also be found in a very small number of specialist low voltage halogen lamps.

There are also many other “BC” variants including the 3-pin BC, B22d-3 sometimes used on Fireglow lamps but perhaps more commonly on High pressure mercury lamps for industrial applications. The BY22d is used on some low-pressure sodium (SOX) lamps.

Edison Screw Cap

What is a E27 light bulb ? Named after the pioneering inventor Thomas Edison, the Edison Screw or “ES” lamp fitting is used worldwide in a vast range of applications.

The most popular ES or E27 fitting is 27mm diameter and is widely used in both the US and Europe. The SES is often used for smaller decorative fittings, chandeliers, and appliance bulbs – predominantly in the UK and Europe. CES is most frequently used in the US and Canada, especially for candle bulbs. The MES fitting is sometimes used in large chandeliers containing perhaps dozens of small lamps.


The GES is rarely used in domestic applications and is typically for lamps over 500W. This must not be confused with the extremely similar US standard 39mm diameter E39 or Mogul Screw fitting

The most commonly used screw fittings are shown in the table below. Other, less frequently used, sizes include E11, E17 and E26.

Halogen capsules

Miniature halogen capsule lamps are generally used in integrated fittings and appliances, such as cooker hoods and kitchen cabinet lights.

The model of the capsule is designated by the measurement in mm between the pins (for example the G4 has pins 4mm apart, G9 has pins 9mm apart). The G4 and GY6.35 are always used in low voltage applications whereas the G9 is for 240v mains use.

LED capsule bulbs are now also available as an energy efficient alternative to halogen bulbs. The fitments on LED capsules are exactly the same as those on halogen capsules, so if you’re replacing your current bulbs with LEDs and your fitting accepts one of the standard types listed here, you should be able to install them without an issue.

Halogen and LED Spotlights

The most common halogen spots are either push fit (GU4/MR11 or GU5.3/MR16), low voltage type or twist and lock (GU10 or GZ10) mains versions.

 PLEASE NOTE the subtle difference between GU10 and GZ10. The GU10 has a bevel around the base but the GZ10 has a square corner. This stops the GZ10 being used in a fitting designed for a GU10 but allows the GU10 to be used in either.

Fluorescent tubes and LED tubes

Fluorescent and led strips generally have a two-pin fitting at both ends of the tube.

Standard size T8 (25mm) and the larger T12 (38mm) tubes both use the G13 fitting.

The smaller T5 (16mm) tubes use the G5 fitting with 5mm between the two pins.